Pneumoniae infections are the leading cause of bacterial pneumonia, meningitis and sepsis globally so it is important that tools are available to detect these potentially dangerous conditions. In response to this need nacgenX™ Diagnostics provides a multiplex PCR-based reverse line blot hybridization method using a Reverse Southern Blot technique to detect and differentiate up to 42 S. Pneumonia serotypes in the United States.
The kit, called the S. Pneumostrip Assay identifies among others all serotypes covered by the four currently available vaccines [PCV7, PCV10, PCV13 and PCV23], i.e. 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 6C, 6D, 7F/7A, 8, 9A/9V, 9N/9L, 10A, 10B, 10F/C, 11A/D, 11B, 11C, 11F, 12F, 14, 15B/15C, 17F, 18A, 18B/18C, 18F, 19A, 19F, 20, 22F/22A, 23F and 33F/33A.
• This tests is based on capture with specific probes of nucleic acids of amplified fragments by the polymerase chain reaction. This capture can be done with immobilised probes either on to a membrane (OpeGen line, based on the Southern reverse blot) or with probes bounded to coloured latex particles (OligoGen line, based on the oligo-immunocromatography).
• All PCR reagents are included in the kit: Taq polymerase, primers and Master Mix.
• Several methods have been validated for DNA extraction: salting-out, silica columns, commercial kits (automated extraction), etc.
• Strips show alleles by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
• Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
• Automated protocols available for Auto-LiPA / Profiblot and AUTOBLOT instruments.
– See more at: http://4saliva.com/operon/s-pneumostrip/#sthash.9aUgQa21.dpuf