Vitamin K antagonists, or Coumarins, are a common and effective way of dealing with issues related to stroke, however genetic variation can cause issues in some individuals who can have an adverse reaction to oral anticoagulants. The PGX-Thrombo StripAssay® is the key to identifying those individuals who may not react to the drug in the appropriate way or may respond badly, thereby allowing an immediate course and thus allow a course of treatment that maximizes effectiveness.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
PGX-Thrombo StripAssay® Catalog 4-730
(-1639 G>A) in the VKORC1 promoter