The PGX-HIV StripAssay® identifies allelic variants which play a large role in the success of Highly Active Retroviral Therapy (HAART). Through identification of of these important genetic variations, treatment for patients can be tailored for maximum effectiveness.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
Genetic Variants Detected
PGX-HIV StripAssay® Catalog 4-710
MDR1 (3435 C>T)
CCR5 (32 bp deletion)