5-Fluorouracil is a standard chemotherapy treatment for a number of malignancies, but a fraction of patients cannot metabolize 5-FU as quickly as anticipated, leading to an accumulation of high levels of the drug in the blood high levels of the drug: these subjects require a lower dosage or alternative chemotherapeutic agents in order to avoid life-threatening toxic side effects. The PGX-5FU StripAssay® provides a method to identify those individuals and ensure that the appropriate level of care is given to them. The PGX-5FU StripAssay® detects the DYPD *2A variant.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
PGX-5FU StripAssay® Catalog 4-720
DPYD allele *2A (IVS14+1 G>A)