Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF) is the most common inherited inflammatory disorder. Recurrent bouts of fever and painful inflammation in the abdomen, chest or joints, typically lasting 12 to 72 hours, characterize the condition. The most severe complication of FMF is amyloidosis, a build-up of protein deposits that ultimately leads to kidney failure. Prophylactic treatment with colchicine can prevent this and allow a normal life. The FMF StripAssay is a complete kit for the detection of 12 mutation in the MEFV gene.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
Familial Mediterranean Fever StripAssay® Catalog 4-230
12 mutations in the MEFV gene: E148Q, P369S, F479L, M680I (G >C, G >A), I692 del, M694V, M694I, K695R, V726A, A744S, R761H