The CAH StripAssay® offered by nacgenX™ Diagnostics is a cost effective tool for the confirmation of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) early in the disease cycle to to minimize emotional stress for parents and economic burden. Neonatal 17-OHP testing is highly susceptible to false positive results, making genetic testing an important confirmatory tool for early and reliable CAH diagnosis. The CAH StripAssay® is based on detection of the CYP21A2 gene in dry blood samples.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
CAH StripAssay® Catalog 4-380
I2 splice (I2 G)
Del 8 bp E3 (G110del8nt)
Cluster E6 (I236N, V237E, M239K)
L307 frameshift (F306+T)