α- and β- Thalassemia StripAssays®
The α- and β-Thalassemia StripAssay® kits provide easy and cost effective solutions for the identification of the most relevant mutations in the alpha and beta globin genes. In the case of the α-Thalassemia StripAssay®, broad coverage of 21 mutations ensures greater than 90% coverage of known significant mutations. For β-Thalassemia a series of three StripAssay® have been customized to cover regional differences in specific mutations targeting Mediterranean, Indian and Middle Eastern, and South East African populations, respectively.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
α-Globin StripAssay® Catalog 4-160
21 mutations covering > 90 % of relevant mutations
ß-Globin StripAssay® Catalog MED 4-130
ß-Globin StripAssay® Catalog IME 4-140
ß-Globin StripAssay® Catalog SEA 4-150
22 mutations covering > 90 % of relevant mutations (optimized for Mediterranean countries, Middle East and India, Southeast Asia)